Saturday, February 6, 2010

Meaningful Moments

I'm sure you all have special things that you enjoy doing with your dog, an activity or even certain daily rituals. One of activities that always brings me peace and that I do every winter is to take my dogs for night walks in the snow. Last night I went on one of these walks at the city prairie. The snow is so bright that I never have any problems seeing in the dark and there is something very peaceful about walking the trails and hearing only the sound of the snow crunching as the dogs run ahead of me. I love to walk along the river and the dogs and I watch the silhouettes of the geese on the water. I never run into any other walkers at night so the dogs and I always have the place to ourselves. Doing this every year always brings fond memories to mind and it's something that makes the winter months seem much more bearable. I would love to hear about some of your favorite rituals!

1 comment:

  1. I also love walking with my dogs, especially right after a new snow. There is something both peaceful and comical about the way they fall all over each other as they frolic in it.

    I also really enjoy having my dogs laying down around me while I'm sitting in my office. For some reason, I feel like I can be more productive when they are around.

    Scott

    ReplyDelete